5 Best Dog Food Bowl Mats
|SmithBuilt Large Dog Food Mat|
|Home-Man Multi-Purpose Boot Tray Mat|
|Avisiony Waterproof Pet Mats for Dogs|
When it comes to eating and drinking, most dogs don’t have manners at all. They will dig into their meal and scatter it all over the floors, and to make things even worse, they will drink water afterward and leave a puddle behind.
If all of this sounds familiar, you may find yourself wiping your floors or scrubbing your carpets on a daily basis. However, with one of the best dog food bowl mats in place, you’ll contain all the mess and spend less time cleaning after your dog.
Since there are so many different dog feeding mats on the market, finding one that suits all of your needs can be difficult. That’s why we decided to help you by narrowing down the list to the five best dog feeding mats. Read on to find the right one for your sloppy pooch!
Top 5 Best Dog Food Bowl Mats we Recommend
The Easyology Premium Pet Food Tray is a good option if you are looking for a rigid dog food mat. It is made of recycled plastic and is non-toxic, which makes it completely safe for your pooch.
Being waterproof and featuring 1-inch raised edges, this mat will keep all food and water spills contained and away from your floors. The raised pattern on the top of the mat keeps the bowls in one place. And the four rubber feet on the underside will prevent the whole tray from skidding on all types of hard floors.
You can easily clean this plastic tray in the sink or hose it down. Measuring 17 by 14 inches, this tray might be too small for large dog bowls.
- Easy to clean
- Raised edges prevent spilling
- Non-skid bottom
- Made of non-toxic materials
- Too small for large bowls
The PetFusion Waterproof Pet Food Mat is made of premium FDA-grade silicone and is completely hypoallergenic and non-toxic. This mat comes in three sizes – small, large, and extra-large – and three different colors.
It features a half an inch raised edge that retains spillages and a curved front edge to prevent dogs from standing in a mess. This mat has anti-slip bumps on top and bottom that keep the bowls in place and prevent the mat from skidding on floors.
This food tray is easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and it is easily rolled up for travel. The only downside is that the edges aren’t raised enough to contain large amounts of water.
- Safe for pets, non-toxic and hypoallergenic
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Flexible and portable
- Comes in three sizes
- Low edges won’t contain large spills
Measuring 24 by 16 inches, the SmithBuilt Large Dog Food Mat is a great option for large messy eaters and drinkers. This flexible mat is made of FDA-grade silicone and is completely safe for pets.
The mat’s top features a paw print pattern that prevents bowls from sliding around. The quarter-inch raised rim prevents any spills from finding their way to your floors.
Made to last and extremely durable, this tray is easy to clean and dishwasher safe, and it is easily rolled up for travel or storage. Since it is made of silicone this mat won’t stay rigid if you have to carry it to the sink to empty it. So you may end up spilling some of the water from it on your floors.
- Made of FDA grade silicone
- Large size fits big bowls
- Non-slip top and bottom
- Very easy to clean
- Edges can’t contain all spills
- It loses shape when lifted up
The Home-Man Multi-Purpose Dog Bowl Tray is a versatile mat that is designed to contain dog spills, cat litter, or mud from your boots. Made of recycled polypropylene, this tray is completely safe for your dog.
Featuring 1.2-inch raised edges, this tray can contain massive spills and works great for large messy dogs. The top of the mat comes with a pattern that should prevent bowls from sliding left and right every time your dog uses them.
Being completely rigid, you can wash it in the sink or wipe it with a cloth to keep it clean. The downside is that this tray doesn’t have a non-slip bottom and may not stay in one place.
- High edges prevent spillage
- Completely safe for dogs
- Comes in several different sizes
- Extremely durable
- Doesn’t have a non-slip bottom
Made of sturdy FDA-approved silicone, the Avisiony Pet Mat for Dogs is non-toxic and completely safe for your pooch to use. It measures 22 by 14 inches and can easily accommodate your dog’s food and water bowls.
This mat has raised edges and anti-slip bumps that contain all messes and keep your home clean. Being made of silicone, it doesn’t slide and will stay put on all types of hard floors.
It is very easy to clean, dishwasher safe, and it can be rolled up for travel or storage. The only issues with this mat are that the edges aren’t high enough to contain larger spills, and it won’t hold shape when lifted up.
- Made of FDA approved silicone
- Fits larger bowls
- Non-slip top
- Dishwasher safe
- Can’t contain larger spills
- Loses shape once picked up
What to Look for in a Dog Feeding Mat?
Dog food mats come in a variety of different materials, shapes, and sizes, so it may be difficult to find the one that suits all your needs. Here are some key features to consider:
- Material: Dog food mats are made either of silicone, plastic, rubber, or absorbent fabric, and all of them do a good job at containing dog messes. You can’t really go wrong no matter which material you choose, as long as the mat meets all your other needs. However, if you have a preference for one material over the others, that’s fine too.
- Size: In order for a feeding mat to serve its purpose, it has to be the right size. Thus, make sure that the mat is large enough to fit your dog’s food and water bowls. There also has to be enough room around the bowls, so the mess ends up on the mat and not on your floors.
- Waterproof: A good dog feeding mat has to be completely waterproof, not just water-resistant. If the mat isn’t waterproof, it won’t be able to contain liquids from seeping, which will ultimately result in mold or warped floors.
- Raised edges: A raised edge on a dog feeding mat gives you an extra sense of security that the water and food will stay contained on the mat and not end up on your floors.
- Easy to clean: Since your dog’s feeding mat is bound to get dirty most of the time, you’ll probably want one that is super easy to clean. Some mats are dishwasher safe, while others can only be washed by hand in a sink.
What are The Benefits of Using a Dog Feeding Mat?
Most dogs are sloppy eaters and drinkers and make an ugly mess out of every meal. Besides being tedious to clean, these messes can cause real damage to your home and ruin your carpets or floors for good.
If you aren’t completely convinced that you need a dog feeding mat just yet, the benefits of having one will certainly change your mind. Here are a few:
- Protects your floors: If you feed your dog on hardwood floors, there is a great chance that they will get ruined by wet food or spilled water. But if you have a feeding mat, you don’t have to worry about warping or mold.
- Safe: All dog feeding mats listed above are either made of FDA-approved silicone or non-toxic plastic and are completely safe for your dog to use on a daily basis.
- Makes cleaning a lot easier: Cleaning food and spilled water from a feeding mat is simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. On the other hand, scrubbing dried food particles from carpets or floors will take some time and effort.
- Food bowls stay in place: If you feed your dog on hard floors, you know that there isn’t even the slightest chance that his bowls will stay in one place. As your dog eats, the bowl will slide all over and can even scratch your floors in the process. On the other hand, a feeding mat will keep the bowls and your dog in one place.
- The mat stays in one place: Most dog feeding mats are designed to have a non-slip bottom and to stay in one place. This is very convenient for you and a great way to teach your dog that he has a designated feeding area.
No matter how much you love your dog, you’ll have to admit that he is a sloppy eater. Cleaning spilled water, dried wet food, or pieces of kibble from floors and carpets every day is a hassle for every dog owner. Luckily, a simple thing like a dog feeding mat can be the answer to all your problems.
After testing and comparing several different options, we found that the Easyology Premium Pet Food Tray offers the best value for its price. It is made of recycled plastic which is non-toxic and completely safe for your pooch. Also, it features raised edges which are a real lifesaver if your pooch spills larger amounts of water. Overall, it does what it promises and will definitely keep all of your dog’s messes contained and super easy to clean.
With such a great option, you no longer have the excuse to complain about how messy your dog is during meal times. The best dog feeding mat will save you time on cleaning, get rid of nasty smells, and make your home look and feel better.