Top 5 Best Reflective Dog Collars
|GoTags Reflective Personalized Dog Collar|
|Illumiseen LED Dog Collar|
|Blueberry Pet Dog Collar|
|Bolux Kelly Pet Adjustable Dog Collar|
|Mile High Life Night Reflective Dog Collar|
The world can be dangerous for a dog, especially at night. While wild animals and people pose a threat, it’s no surprise that roads are the most dangerous place for your dog if they happen to get loose. In fact, over 1.2 million dogs are hit by cars each year. If your dog manages to escape, either from your house when the door is open or your yard, they immediately become at risk of getting hit by a car, especially during the night when drivers will be unable to see your pet. One of the best ways to keep your dog safe, whether they are an indoor or an outdoor dog, is by investing in a reflective dog collar.
Reflective dog collars act much like the reflectors you see on the road or on bikes. They reflect light so that drivers can see where the object or person is. By using one, it will be easier for drivers to be able to see their dogs on the roads at night. Picking the right collar for your precious pet can be difficult, especially with the number of collars on the market. To make the job of picking the perfect collar easier, here is a list of the top five best reflective dog collars.
This collar, due to the fact that it is both reflective, made with a breakaway feature if your dog was to get hung, and personalized with your dog’s name and phone number, is a great choice for the owner looking for a simple but durable collar for their dog. They also work for cats if needed. The GoTags reflective collars come in a variety of colors – 5 collar colors and over 10 thread colors – and three sizes that will fit dogs with a neck length ranging from 11 to 26 inches. The reflector, which spans the entire circumference of the collar, is designed to be seen both at night and day, adding extra hours of safety for your pet.
- The entire circumference of the collar is reflective
- Embroidered with your dog’s name and your phone number for added security
- Stainless steel D-ring for dog tags or leash clips
- Three adjustable collar sizes (small, medium, and large)
- Variety of colors for extra personalization
- Plastic clipping may snap, not break away if a large dog pulls too hard
- Embroidery can be difficult to read on the small size collar
- Phone number can become obscured when tightening the collar
If you’re looking for something complex and sure to be seen rather than a simple reflector collar, consider this collar. Rather than just reflecting any light source, the Illumiseen LED dog collar creates its own light, making sure that all drivers will be able to see your dog while driving at night. It is USB rechargeable, and one hour of charging will give the collar enough power for five hours’ worth of light. It is available in different sizes ranging from 2X small to extra large and in six different LED colors. You can also switch between three different flashing modes. If for some reason, you are unhappy with this collar, it has a lifetime guarantee.
- A large variety of sizes ranging from a length of 8.6 inches to 27.5 inches
- Six different colors
- USB Rechargeable
- The ability to switch between a steady light, slow flashing, or rapid flashing
- Matching LED leash available
- Lifetime guarantee
- D-ring to attach a leash and a dog tag with contact information
- Will eventually run out of charge, leaving your dog unprotected if they were to get lost
- Due to exposed battery, this collar is not waterproof
If you’re looking for a cute collar for your dog – or even your goat, cat, or other animals – then the Blueberry pet collar is great. It comes in a large variety of colors, and you have the option to customize it with your phone number. However, if you put more text than a phone number, be aware that the clippings may cover the text once the collar is tightened.
- Four different sizes ranging from extra small to large22 colors
- Reflectiveness composes the entire circumference of the collar
- Can be used with other animals, including goats and cats
- Lower case letters are hard to read
- When tightened, clippings cover part of the embroidery
- Can be rough on dogs with sensitive skin
The Bolux adjustable reflective collar is designed with both your dog’s safety and comfort in mind. The interior of this ergonomic collar has a soft, thin padding that makes it gentle even on the most sensitive skin and prevents chafing and rashes. The reflective material is durable and spans the entire circumference of the collar so that your dog remains safe no matter which angle a car is coming. While you won’t be able to have it custom embroidered, the Bolux collar also has a rubber ring and a D-ring for attaching a dog tag with contact information just in case your dog was to get loose.
- Three adjustable sizes small, medium, and large) ranging from 11 to 18.5 inches
- Four color options
- Ergonomic design
- Interior padding for comfort and protection against chafing
- Small hook on rubber plat for attaching dog tags with contact information
- Metal D ring for security when attaching leashes
- 3M reflectivity covers the entire collar
- Sizing runs large
- Velcro may get hung on couches or other fabric materials
- Better for dogs trained not to pull on leashes or runner
- Limited options for customization
- No embroidery
If you’re looking for a lightweight collar or the option to buy a bundle for multiple dogs, then this collar is unique in those aspects. Although there is no option for custom embroidery, the Mile High Life reflective dog collar is available in 4 sizes and 7 different colors. There is, however, a gunmetal D-ring where you can securely attach leashes and dog tags with contact information in case your dog ever gets lost. The black paint that covers the ring is also durable, and while scratches may show, the ring is not coated silver, so wear and tear won’t be as noticeable. The 3M reflective material is woven directly into the collar across the entire circumference for extra durability against wear and tear.
- 4 sizes ranging from 9 inches to 21 inches or 20 pounds to 55 pounds
- 7 available colors
- Package options to buy multiple collars at once
- 3M reflective material covers the entire span of the circumference of the collar
- Gunmetal D-ring for added security
- Lightweight but durable
- Reflective material is woven directly into the collar for extra durability rather than just being a coating that can scratch or peel off.
- Black coloring on D-ring doesn’t scratch easily
- Clasp can be difficult to secure
- Collar loosens over time
- Lack of customization
- No embroidery
Benefits of Using a Reflective Dog Collar
The main benefit of a reflective collar is safety. Using a reflective collar while walking your dog will allow you to have peace of mind knowing that, even if it’s dark, people driving can see your pet. While more expensive than regular, plain collars, reflective collars are usually much sturdier and made of higher quality materials, so you don’t have to worry about the collar falling apart or breaking quickly.
What to Look for in Reflective Dog Collars
The last thing you want is to invest in a reflective dog collar just for it to not last. When you buy your dog’s collar, make sure it’s made of quality materials. You want the collar to be made of sturdy material and the buckles to be made of a strong plastic – nothing that will break easily. Also, make sure that the reflectors aren’t going to come off of the collar easily.
The reflectors need to be both strong in regard to durability and strength in regard to the amount of light they give back. Some cheaper collars barely reflect any light, which means that if a car were to shine its lights, the collar might not reflect.
While you want the reflective collar to be durable, it’s important to make sure it also has safety features. The clasp, while durable, should be able to come undone should your dog run away and get caught. This would keep them from choking themselves on their collar if they were to get hung on a branch or vines.
Ability to Clip on Dog Tag
It’s important that your dog’s reflective collar has some type of clasp where you can attach a dog tag, even if they have a microchip. If your dog does manage to escape and get lost, while the collar will keep them safe from vehicles on the road, they’ll need the dog tag so that someone can help them get home safely.
Other Things to Consider
You can consider purchasing other things that can go along with a reflective dog collar. One of the most common accessories is a reflective dog leash that will provide you more protection while walking your dog at night and your dog more protection if they happen to slip away during a walk. You can also buy reflective jackets and booties for your dog or even yourself. The more pieces of reflective wear your dog has on, the better chance that it has to avoid a possibly fatal accident.
As a pet owner, you want to do everything you can to ensure your pet is as safe as possible, so investing in a reflective collar is a good idea. Reflective collars can be pricy, though, so it’s important to consider each collar and to know what you’re looking for. Taking everything into consideration, the GoTags Reflective Personalized Collar is the best choice. Not only does it offer the reflectivity that will keep your dog safe, but it also is customizable so that, if your dog was to get lost, people know your dog’s name and what number to call to return your precious pet to you. It comes in a variety of sizes and colors as well, so you’re almost guaranteed to find the perfect one for you.
No matter which collar you decide to purchase, it is important that you buy one, especially if you happen to walk your dog at night or if they are an outside dog. Car accidents can be dangerous for both your dog and the driver, so it’s important to put safety first. Buying a reflective collar for your dog could potentially save their life, and your dog will appreciate the thought and care you’ve put into their safety.