Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Dog Beds for Yorkshire Terriers
Price on Amazon
Are you looking for the best Yorkies beds? If you are preparing to welcome a newly adopted “tomboy toy”, let us warn you: this breed can be bossy and scrappy! But if you already have one, you know that life is more colorful with a Yorkshire Terrier dashing around the house and checking grocery bags each time you arrive home!
Yorkshire Terriers, despite their tiny stature, have a spunky personality that can amuse anyone. They love to instill fear in butterflies, birds, and creepy crawlies.
You can even employ your Yorkie dog as a rat exterminator at home! Jokes aside, these vigorous terriers are delicate. They are born to get pampered and get the best of everything in life.
That is why we applaud you for your efforts in searching for the best dog bed for your Yorkie. Without further ado, let us dive into the details that make the perfect bed for your pooch.
1. BarksBar Medium Gray Orthopedic Dog Bed – Editor’s Choice for Best Dog Beds For Yorkies
The BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper is a high-quality dog bed that any dog lover can afford. This pet bed serves as a good prevention against arthritis, as its base is constructed using grooved orthopedic foam. Measuring four inches thick, the cushion makes sure your little Yorkie won’t sink towards the floor while he sails around dreamland.
Additionally, the sleeping surface is softly rimmed. You can also see that it is quilted for a classic look. There is also a non-slip rubber backing on the bed’s underside to prevent it from sliding across a shiny floor.
- grooved orthopedic foam for pressure relief
- generously cotton-padded rim for head and neck support
- 4-inch thick mattress provides deep cushioning
- quilted ultra-soft polyester cover that is easy to remove, spot clean, and wash
- non-slip rubber backing
- has to be air dried
- cotton-padded rim could get flatten over time
2. Best Friends by Sheri Luxury Shag Fuax Fur Donut Cuddler
The Sheri Shag Donut Cuddler, as its name suggests, looks exactly like a donut! Its donut shape is not only good for a chuckle but is also beneficial for little pooches like your Yorkie dog. The bed’s comfy edges are thick and deep enough and hence, it erects a firm wall that allows your pooch some privacy and a sense of security. Likewise, it has an irresistibly soft base and fancy faux fur to boot. With a bed that looks adorable and feels so comfy, your pooch will surely shower you with wet licks each morning!
- features an incredibly soft base and a shaggy faux fur
- donut design affords a sense of privacy and security
- perfect for cuddlers and burrowers
- self-warming; no electric element required
- can be tossed entirely in the washing machine for hassle-free cleaning
- needs to be thoroughly dried to prevent matting
- aggressive chewers could tear off the fabric
3. Best Supplies Portable Indoor Pet House
This indoor dog house by Best Pet also works incredibly well for your Yorkie, too! It is designed using a quality poly fabric and soft polyfoam lining. It is complete with a fluffy cushion that feels soft to the touch, thanks to its Sherpa fabric. The bed’s main advantage, however, is its portability. You can transfer your pooch’s tiny house from your balcony to your bedroom anytime! Since it looks oh-so-charming, this dog house surely won’t clash with your décor.
- no construction is required
- lightweight and mobile
- built with Good quality poly fabric and soft polyfoam-lining
- complete with a soft dual-colored cushion
- gives your pooch more privacy
- can be used as a soft crate for traveling
- 3 color options
- a lack of a metal frame can cause the roof to cave in
The Original Birdsong Cuddle Pouch from PLS features a den-like design that gives your Yorkie a sense of security. Thick and very plush, this bed keeps your pooch toasty without the need for a blanket.
In addition, this little sanctuary is complete with a poly-filled cushion to make your pooch snooze comfortably. Likewise, it caters to your dog’s love for burrowing, as the cover is made with a quality short floss fabric. Both cushion and its cover are removable for easy cleaning.
- the den-like design is perfect for anxious pets and burrowers
- poly-filled cushion enclosed with a cover suitable for scratching, burrowing, etc.
- self-warming; envelopes your pet like a blanket
- cushion and its cover can be removed for washing
- non-slip and waterproof underside keeps the bed stable
- entrance won’t stand up after some time, making entry difficult
5. Milliard Premium Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Worried about your little guy’s health? Opt for a bed that is CertiPUR-US certified, such as this premium orthopedic bed by Milliard. Rest assured this bed is made with safe and chemical-free materials only. What’s more, TPU coating (thermoplastic polyurethane) is added to the bed to reduce the bacterial load and yeast overgrowth due to saliva, dirt, and wee-wee accidents.
Moreover, this bed measures four inches thick. It is comprised of a 2-inch polyurethane foam layered with 2-inch high-density memory foam to give your little pooch a combination of deluxe comfort and exemplary support. It is cozy enough to give your pooch a deep slumber and at the same time, firm enough to hold its shape.
- features anti-microbial properties
- made with 2-inch high-density memory foam to provide orthopedic support
- A CertiPUR-US product; guaranteed made with pet-friendly materials only
- Conveniently enclosed with a zippered cover that can is safe for machine wash
- The cover is made with 100% polyester fabric to withstand scratching
- Includes rubber grips on the bottom for increased stability
- customers complained that the bed eventually loses its waterproofing
What To Look For in the Best Yorkshire Terrier Dog Bed
Size and shape
Don’t buy a large bed that can accommodate a full-grown size of a Pit Bull Terrier. Despite their big and intimidating persona, Yorkies don’t need an oversized bed. Just be sure it is spacious enough for them to turn around, curl up, or stretch out.
If you have a Yorkie that loves to coil up like a snake, it is best to select a round or oval-shaped dog bed for your Yorkie. Meanwhile, a rectangular bed would be a sound choice if he loves to sprawl out his legs like a laid-back panda.
Raised edges afford a sense of security and privacy that your little pooch will appreciate.
Sleeping on hard surfaces every night can impair your pooch’s delicate joints and cartilages. True, a thick foam or generously padded mattress can soothe a tired dog with the comfort it offers but the benefits end there. Your pooch needs an orthopedic bed as a preventative approach against osteoarthritis, which is a common issue in Yorkies.
You might be interested in this post: Do Yorkies Shed?
Additionally, the bed should not contain materials that are potentially harmful to your pet. This includes flame retardants, heavy metals, etc. As much as possible, it should be certified CertiPUR-US.
Did you know that the Yorkshire Terrier is among the hardest breeds to housebreak? You’ll need puppy training pads. So, if you are going to adopt a dog who belongs in the Top 5, be sure his bed is water-resistant or waterproof. Otherwise, you will end up frequently washing a soggy mattress.
Benefits of Getting Your Yorkie Pup The Best Dog Bed
Peaceful slumber for you and your pooch
Yorkies are also fond of snuggling with their fur-mommas and fur-pappas. Occasional naps beside your pooch can be a sweet thing but you might squash your tiny pet in an eight-hour-long sleep. So, allow your Yorkie to rest peacefully at night in his own dog bed. If he is sleeping peacefully, you can sleep peacefully, too.
Keeps your little guy feeling toasty
A pile of cartons, a bundle of rags, or even that thick dog blanket you received last Christmas won’t substitute for a quality dog bed. These items won’t provide enough insulation to keep your pet feeling toasty during inclement weather.
A cozy place your pooch can access anytime
We always crawl into our beds after we drain our energies due to a long commute, work stress, and whatnot. The same thing can be said for our Yorkies. They spend a lot of energy chasing critters and keeping their eyes peeled for suspicious humans. So, he deserves his own cozy nook where he can rest anytime he needs to.
Yorkies are cute, funny, a little boisterous, and full of pep! Despite their tiny and fragile stature, Yorkies have a lot to give to their fur-moms and fur-dads. They may not excel in housebreaking, but they can help guard the house by altering their bigger canine bros about a suspicious garden-level thief. Since your pooch can’t write a love letter, this is their way of showing their love to you! So, don’t compromise when buying a dog bed! Choose what is best for your pet.
Learn more about Yorkies in our post “How Long Do Yorkies Live?”
All our picks are good quality products already loved by many. But if this is your first time, we suggest you start with our top pick, which is the BarksBar Snuggly Sleeper. We chose this bed as our no.1 because you can use this bed as a preventative approach to the problems Yorkies commonly develop later in life. This bed also provides the much-needed cushioning that will help cradle your pampered pooch to sleep.